Saturday, January 19, 2008

I had good sales yesterday and today! This job is not easy but I enjoy it. I have always liked sales! I like to interact with people! Haha! Imagine how those permanent staff have to work late(till the shop closes at 9.30pm) and wake up early in the morning just to reach Taka by 9.30am(Taka opens its store at 10am). I salute them! Okay that was what happened to me today. I reached home at 11pm last night, ate instant noodles(because I was hungry by then) and had to sleep immediately forgoing my usual routine of blogging/msn/facebook. *sigh* Tha sacrifice I made! LOL. I reached Taka at 9am today! Early! Yeah! I did my 'homework' by checking out the stock so that I will be able to serve my cuctomers better. I'm glad to say I know everything about this Taka counter already. Haha! Another insight today:

  1. Arrive, check bag at security checkpoint, punch card
  2. Clean counter upon arrival
  3. 9.30am: Staff meeting; everyone lines up in two rows in a sanang diri position.(HAHA). There the manager will brief. "Sales was good yesterday despite competition from Robinsons which launched their sales the same time as us. Good job! Keep it up! Oh please remind the customers that they are entitled to a free packet of red packet for every $50 spent be it in a single receipt or accumulated receipt. Maximum 5 packs per customer! Red packets must be redeemed on the same day of purchase. Do you see this counter here? It's set up to ease the queue at other cashiers. Ah it's not very utilised yesterday so remember to direct customers to this cashier if the usual cashiers you go to are very packed okay? Alight you may go."(roughly what she said).
  4. Before you know it, everyone dispersed in all directions

Haha! What an experience! I sold most of the products to foreigners. They are good customers! So easy to convince them to buy the products. Haha! Working in Raffles City tomorrow though and it's gonna be a whole different working experience there(Robinsons) not forgetting how I have to familarise myself with the new environment again.

No comments: