Friday, September 21, 2007

Novelty: new, or unique; newness

Just came back from Ikea with my dad. He took leave specially to eat lunch with me at Ikea. How sweet of him! Well Ikea's meatballs used to be a novelty to me but it is no longer now. I guess it's because of my frequent visits now that there's one in Tampines and with the shutter bus service that makes my trip to Ikea all the more convenient. I guess this feeling of novelty doesn't just apply to food. It applies to how we treat relationships as well.

As I was eating away...my thoughts drifted to what happened 4 years back when I experienced a lost of interest in a friend as a result of our constant communication. How ironic right? Haha...but now...I long to be in constant communication with her again...we have been so caught up with our own life that it has been such a long time since we spent quality time together. I miss her! And I hope she's fine.

My thoughts drifted to something more recent..even till now I don't really know what caused us to drift. Is it because we communicated too much again? So much so that even as we see each other we don't talk much and neither of us ever talk about what went wrong. I want to know so badly but I'm afraid of getting hurt. I don't wish to be hurt again...I just recovered. Oh well..shall not let this get into me...I have to focus on my A levels!

No comments: