Back from a lunch with a friend whom I have not been catching up with for a long time. I think the last time we had a meal together was last year while planning for the pre-speedlight camp(both of us were in the programmes committee and so we do have lots of meeting up). Then we only ate somewhere nearby(near his house and mine), specifically Yu Pian coffeeshop. Haha! And both of us had Yu Pian of course but even while eating, camp programmes were in our mind. That was how involved and focus we were. *smiles* I enjoyed being part of the camp committee and looking at the kids now, I've seen how much some of them have grown under the leadership of Alvin, Jared and Jian Han all whom I believe that God specifically called them into this division. I mean I know for Jared and Jian Han they were unwilling to take up leadership at first but they agreed in the end and see how God is using the both of them! I believe just as how God is using these leaders, He can make use of many others as well so as long as we're willing to allow God to use us. And just like how God is moving in that division, He can move in ours too. I shall not be disheartened but I shall be encouraged!
Anyway, we went to this Hong Kong Cafe in Siglap and we spent almost 3 hours there, eating and talking. Haha I think we spent more time talking than eating. I ordered chicken baked rice(I ate that just 2 days ago!). It was not bad, love the cheese on top. I couldn't finish my food in the end though. Zhi Wei ordered noodles and an extra plate of something(3 slices of ham, 1 egg, baked beans, 2 pieces of bread). But before that he said he wasn't hungry and that's why he ordered noodles. Haha! But it was cheap that's why he ordered that extra plate of food($1 for any purchase of a main course). I only ate a piece of ham and he had to finish everything. HAHA!
Talking to him make me realise how little I am doing for God yet I complain so much at times. I mean he is really committing so much more and he does it joyfully. I'm so ashamed. His eagerness to wait at the Lord's feet is really encouraging for me. Hearing about the reality of God in his life and what he has been doing(he recently went for a mission trip in Philippines) makes me look at my own spiritual life and reflect. Maybe I have been too bothered by the technical part of whatever that I have been doing instead of seeking God. I really need to spend more time seeking Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment