What an awesome but tiring day today! Started the day with a great morning service. Praise and worship was good and the message was ministering though I must admit I was dozing off at some parts so my sermon notes was stagnant for a while but thankfully I woke up at the right part. One thing I picked from today's sermon is that we should abandon ourselves in worship. When we abandon ourselves in worship, we are yielded to God, we allow Him to manifest Himself as God almighty, we give Him the right to release his power in our situation, we began to see our problems in proper perspective and we are united in a formidable force that satan fears. When we praise and worship Him, we shouldn't be thinking of how much we want to receive out of it; many times we 'grade' the worship session saying things like "Today's worship is not good...I didn't feel anything...I didn't receive anything." I'm guilty of this as well..today's sermon put me into the right perspective. Praise and worship is for God, it's due unto Him, it's God who receives not us.
It struck me so hard today. I've learnt something new and I'm glad. I love to receive and continue to grow! =) That is what has been bringing me to morning service for the past one and a half years. I realised that the only time I can sit back, relax and receive would be during main service/miracle service. Ooh how I wish I am only a member sometimes but when I see my cell I began to see past my struggles and challenges as a leader. Attendance was alright today though I'm missing 3 members who has not been coming for quite some time. I pray the Lord will bring them back just like how He brought another member today. The miraculous thing was that he came right after we close in prayer(I was praying for lost sheep). Haha! And my whole cell started laughing, I was beaming. *smiles*
Lesson was a little disrupted today because of the noise level..had to pause so many times to get them to keep quiet. And the ridiculous thing is that they started calling me teacher, they called me miss chen in both english and mandarin. AHHHH! These kids...they make me mad and happy at the same time...they're still young...hahah! Shall not hold it against them for still acting the way they are. Ultimately...I love everyone of them. God has placed every single one in my cell according to His purpose and my prayer is that we will all grow so close like a family and grow deeper in His word. I pray that the Lord will continue to empower me as I continue to run this race for Him.
I thank each and everyone that the Lord placed in my life, my cell members, friends, loved ones. They have all helped to shape me to what I am today. In life there are happy times, sad times...sorrow of which I pray that I have learnt the important and precious lessons that the Lord wants me to learn...Yes...I've definately learnt through my recent experience that I should depend on God more and not on others or myself for the matter.
At this moment I just wanna say "Lord reign in me"....
No comments:
Post a Comment