Thursday, December 21, 2006

Just came back from camp!! Being in the programme committee I had to be the emcee for the camp which is a whole new experience. I enjoyed most of it especially when I had the power to decide which groups go first for meals. Haha! I made them stand up, shout out their group name the loudest, etc to decide. But most of the time I chose the groups randomly. =) However it's not all fun and easy. Sometimes it's really hard to engage with the young ones and they might not respond as enthusiastically as you expected them to be but thank God, these bunch of children are manageable and nice.

Day 1
The rain on the first day has brought about much stress and anxiety in me because all the programme planned for the day had to be cancelled, from games to nightwalk. The camp committee had to wreak our brains to think of programme for the rest of the day on the spot. With the help from Orchard Presbyterian church we manage to have a list of indoor games that we can play with the children. Meanwhile as the committee continue to plan for indoor games we asked the campers to come up with a short skit about change within their own groups. Some groups really surprised us for they were able to come up with good skits within such a short span of time. The games went well too and with that we ended day 1.

Day 2
We prayed really hard for good weather the next day and God answered our prayers! I'm really really amazed with God. As this is the monsoon season, it is very likely for rain to come every now and then. Howeveer God was good, he gave us a bright sunny day! And it only rained after the siren was sounded to signify the end of the games! And what more, it stopped raining at the time the campers are to report at the MPH. Indeed God is GOOD! Since it stopped raining, we were able to carry out the nightwalk and the campfire!! I was sooo happy and relieved!

Day 3
Ah good weather again! It only rained after everybody boarded the bus.


GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!

No comments: