Monday, April 04, 2005

Main service

I went for main service instead of cg today. Why? I felt that cg in kinda boring and dry. I feel that I need to feed on something more. Pastor Rony is a very good speaker. So far, I've only beem to 3 main services this year. The first service I attended
as Pastor Rony'y message about homosexuality. I've learnt that there are five major causes of homosexuality
1) Rejection of one's person hood
2) Sexual abuse during childhood
3) Seduction before fixation
4) Persistant fantasies
5) Inbalance of hormones
Think about it, do you think its morally right? God made men and women for companionship. Why do you have to go against God's plans for you? Imagine a pen nib and a cap. Both of the has a function. The cap is to prevent evaporation or hardening of the ink whereas the nib is to write, in which the ink flows. If I give you two nibs without caps or two caps, do you find a use of it? A pen without cap will soon lose its use and what more two caps. The nib and caps are like men and women. It's the same.

Logical right?

Yup that was one enriching sermon. Today, the speaker wasn't Pastor Rony, it was Pastor Collin Tan. I admit that I was a little disappointed initially but having heard what he shared, I felt convicted. The sermon was about the secrets of joy. How is it that Paul, being in jail and all can write a book of how to be joyful when he himself should by right be feeling down right? I mean imagine yourself being in jail, will you be joyful? Paul is different because he has a whole list of secrets to be joyful.
1)Joy by putting others first(Phil 4:1)
2)Joy in seeing unity among Christian brothers and sisters(Phil 4:2)
3)Joy in helping others to reconcile(Phil 4:3)
4)Joy in the knowledge of having received eternal life(Phil 4:3)
5)Joy in relying on the Lord for it(Phil4:4)
6)Joy in seeking the interest of others(Phil 4:5)
7)Joy in the knowledge that your prayers and thankgivings are not in vain.(Phil4:7)
8)Joy as a result of positive thoughts(Phil4:8)
9)Joy because we have benefited from the faithful and diligent ministries of others(Phil4:9)
10)Joy becase of God's presence and we can put into practice things we have learned.(Phil 4:10)

No comments: