I went on stage for the first time in speelight. The experience is hmm...how should I put it? Well I wouls say it's a totally different worship session on stage. Though I've been on stage previously on easter, the feeling is different. One thing is we can't close our eyes or lift up our hands in worship for easter. But for speedlight we are given more freedom. On stage I can clearly see the congregation(like duh right?) What I see is really discouraging. All along I know that speedlight is kinda dead during p&w but I do see a few people around me(when I'm not yet serving)praising and worshiping God. From where I stood today, it seems like no one is really 'present' during the whole session. Where are we heading? What are we doing? Are we being ministers for God? Here we are(choir, worship leaders, tech team, musicians) trying hard to deliver a good p&w for the congregation that through this they can reach God. But do they care? STEP OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE PEOPLE!! Why are we not imerging into a time of serious worship? At least try! I may not be having a close relationship with God but I try! Do you? Don't be shy to lift up your hands! Don't be shy to close your eyes in worship!
Right, at least I got that out from me. Hmm..today's practice was alright. We'll be singing nice songs next week. There's "open the flood gates of Heaven" From my experience, it's always a songs that touches people especially during camps. It's like a camp song. Yup let's just hope for the best that the congregation will react to the song.
No comments:
Post a Comment