Saturday, December 13, 2008

W.A.N.T.E.D camp was awesome!

Because I saw God's hand moving in the camp

when He held the rain for 3 days that we were in outward bound singapore

when He caused all things to fall into place; all that my games committee planned for.

when He ministered to the campers during the sermon; the tears that were shed, realising the Grace of God and feeling the Love of God

when He ministered to the camp committee, refreshed us, something we may not be expecting from God

when he ministered to the leaders, made them feel that their efforts and time put into this camp is not a waste but through this appointment God spoke to them and through them he was reaching out to the campers

Personally, I was ministered to. In my spiritual walk, there were times where I just allow doubts and fear to consume me that I find myself trying very hard to believe in the promises of God. One promise that I struggled as I was planning for this camp is proverbs 3:5-6. TRUST(not lean on our own understanding), ACKNOWLEDGE. I was taking it all on my own, getting myself all stressed over the planning, prayed little and I fell apart (lost my appetite, fell sick). I reached my end and I saw myself weak, I had nothing left in me to continue. Then the Word came to me and I was told that in my weaknessess, God be glorified. It's only when I realise I have nothing that I can that I was wrong to focus about what I can do, what I must do, what I should to make things right but what God can do. There and then I prayed, even when I didn't feel like praying, even when I didn't know what to say, the simplest words were uttered "Lord, I pray that everything will turn out well. I surrender to you."

God is really great during the camp. I saw how everything fell into place and joy and gladness just filled my heart. God again misnistered to me and assured me during praise and worship, He said "See, all have turned out well". God empowered me to speak during the underground church debrief and to pray for the campers on day 2 which left me amazed at His goodness.

I hope that the campers had a good time during the camp and most importantly they left the camp with changed hearts.

No comments: