Started work at my mum's workplace yesterday as a temp for the projects department. My job scope? Filing papers; huge stacks of papers. For the past two days, I think I have filed a stack that amounts to 40cm? So, that's how my first two days of work went, just filing. I did a little of data entry for the last 30minutes of work today though because I just cannot stand not doing anything(I finished whatever they gave me to file today). I'll be continuing with data entry tomorrow I guess? I don't think there is anymore left for me to file. Anyway my job scope shouldn't be contained to just filing I think.
I have been thinking...
Would you rather work at a place
A)
-that pays well
-where you enjoy almost every bit of it
-get to shop in town during your break or after work
-meet and interact with people from all walks of life
but
-you have to travel 30-40minutes to work everytime
-you have to work in shifts (morning:9.30am-5.30pm/afternoon:1.30pm-9.30pm)
-you have to work on weekends(*excluding sundays prior to arrangement)
-meals are expensive
or
B)
-that is not far from home
-that has regular working hours(8.30am-5.30pm,mon-fri)
-that gives you freedom to do whatever you like so as long as you get the job done at the end of the day; you get to eat/drink while working, use handphone openly, go to the toilet as frequently as you need, walk here and there to stretch your legs, visit people in the same building, etc
-that has nice and cheap food nearby(meals)
but
-the job is brainless, monotonous and hence boring
If you have not guessed it, I'm comparing my job as a sales promoter and being an office temp girl. Haha..I have to make a decision by the end of this month; whether I want to continue as an office temp or go back to kenzo.
No comments:
Post a Comment