What a year(2007) it has been! I really learnt a lot from last year. God taught me so many lessons and I shall share a little.
God taught me how to depend on him and not on man for satisfaction, completion and fulfillment.
Well I'm still learning how to depend on Him I must say. You see I've always been seeking the counsel of man, comfort from man, company from man but never God first. And how much I went through to learn this lesson 'Man can fail you but GOD will NEVER fail you'. Indeed my resolution for this year is to lean more on Him.
God taught me how to trust in him with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding.
Indeed God works in miraculous ways! As I committed my studies into His hands, indeed I see how He moved!
God taught me how to be a better leader.
I must say my whole life has been about leadership and I began to see how leadership is one of my calling. From a conflict manager in primary school to prefect and head prefect in secondary school to a cellgroup leader in church to a CG chairperson in college to a CNY(event) chairperson in J2 to a sectional leader in choir to worship leader in 2 camps and a retreat. Haha...I have definately learnt what are the to dos/not to dos/do better along the way and I'm thankful for all the experiences I got even if they are bad ones because through all those I learnt. Of course, I pray that God will continue to lead me by the hand as I walk through this life leading others. I don't want to lead others astray as such I really need to hear more from Him.
What a journey, 2007! All the ups and downs, tears and joys. It was the most emotional year yet! I think I have never cried so many times before...cried for my studies...cried for my relationships when it turned sour...cried for direction...cried for my cell...
But God has been faithful! He sent me an angel(despite my point about how man can fail but nevertheless we still need friends around us yes?). He sent me Ms Lim, my CNY teacher-in-charge. She supported me throughout 2007 with encouraging smses, cards, little gifts to remind me of our Lord's love, grace, tender mercies, strength, joy, peace...She never fail to encourage me with her smiles and concern everyday in school. She often goes the extra mile for me. She would buy food, drinks for me when she sees me in the canteen, she would call me on the phone to ask how I was and to pray for me, she would send her prayer via sms when she couldn't meet me or call me, she would send me her love through another student if she failed to meet me to give me personally, she even bought me a new uniform because mine was stained...Even after my A levels, she even asked if we could still meet up and stay in contact. She even prepared a christmas gift for me. Such agape love I have never experienced before is way beyond me. I can only say she has been sent by God, at the right time, right moment.
What will this year bring? I don't know. Trusting my life in His hands. You majesty, my life will sing your song.
No comments:
Post a Comment