Friday, December 21, 2007

I have an interest of writing short stories recently. I kinda wrote the bulk of my compiled stories during A levels. Haha it was a form of destressing. Inspiration and ideas just struck at the 'weirdest' moment even as I was writing an econs essay if you get what I mean. I cannot reject an inspiration can I? Well even if it may not seem good to you readers but it's really for me to look back and admire my own works. Haha!

A soft gust of wind blew, carrasing her lovely face as she reached out and push the door lightly in front of her. Upon entering, her hair fell back into place, neat and straight. Looking around her, she spotted an empty armchair away from the crowd at a dimly lighted corner of the room. "Just the right place for me" She thought as she made her way towards it purposefully.

Putting her shawl down, she walked gracefully to the counter and ordered her favourite vanilla latte. Opening up her purse gently with the same gentleness one have toward a delicate object, she took out a ten dollar bill and handed it over to the cashier with a smile on her face.

Going back to her seat, she took out a book and started to read. With a book at hand and a cup of hot latte at the side table, what more could she ask for? What a way to spend the christmas eve alone in solitude...away from people, away from expectations...

Just then musical notes started to fill the room...
A familiar string of notes...
Nat King Cole's 'When I fall in love'; when I fall in love, it'll be forever...

Away in artist land where inspiration and imagination reign, she thought of dancing bears, painted wings, tinkling bells...

"I will always remember"


written on 15/12/07 8.30pm

No comments: