I went for my bowling elective today at Singapore Swimming Club. It was FUN and ENJOYABLE!
Started off with a talk about the history of bowling, rules of bowling, a video(no sound though) about the correct posture when bowling, etc. Wow! I didn't know bowling originated from Egypt! Haha! They said archaeologists found a bowling alley in one of the tombs! Interesting! Then the game was transported to Greek and bowling then was 9 pins. Then, the game got transported to America and the Americans added one more pin to make it 10 pin bowling as we know now. Next we learnt techniques and position; how to hold the ball, position feet, arms. Everything!! So much theory!
1)There're four steps one should take before releasing the ball you know! When I first tried it, it was so difficult and the ball kept going to the 'drain'. Haha! But as I kept doing it, I kinda got the hang of it. My scores kept improving! Yay! Haha! I can finally play a decent game. =) I'm so in love with bowling now!
2)There is even a theory to knock pins down(like where to stand and which arrow to aim for to hit specific pins)
I think I have never bowled for such a long duration, so many times in my life before! Haha! I'm glad I chose this elective. I have learnt so many things for only $30! So worth it! Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment