Today was my turn for the english oral. I walked up to the hall feeling confident and at peace. When it was my turn to prepare for 10 minutes, I wasn't even panicking. My panick however started when I saw my examiners up close. From far I couldn't recognise any one of them. Never did I realise that one of the examiner happen to be somebody whom I have come across in church. Oh how awkward it was. She greeted me with "Oh Serena, I didn't know you're in this school." I was like "huh?". "Oh Eevon!" was my next thought. Then the other examiner(male) was like "you know her?". Right, so I sat down and waited for a second or two before asking whether I could start reading. Reading was fine, the passage gave me many opportunities to fully express myself but I added an extra word while reading and I had to go back to read the sentence properly again. That was not as bad as what I'm gonna say next. The theme for my oral is about restuarant, competition, jobs. I felt that I was very bad at describing the picture, I spoke too little for that and she asked me a question immediately when I merely paused for a while. Oh how I wish I could pick up from where I stop quickly but it was too late. Then came the comversation, my worst section as I tend too speak fast. She asked me what joy I will like to take during my one month holiday in dec and I said "salesgirl. Blah Blah" Then she asked me "In what areas specifically?" and I said "a waitress. Blah blah..." See!! I jumped from being a salesgirl to a waitress! That's one mistake that I will remember for a LONG LONG TIME. Screwed up already! Then my last question was "How do you feel about competitions" I feel that I could hhave said more but I didn't think out of the box at that time. Oh how I wish I could turn back time and do better. What I fear now is that I don't have at least a 30 for mr oral. I need my oral marks to pull up my grade as my written had always been average or even below average. Please Lord, let a another miracle happen again.
Believe in whatever you ask for in a prayer and it shall be given onto you.
No comments:
Post a Comment