Today was the 2nd day of the campaigning speech by the excos. I'm very proud of them for they have come thus far to become one of the exco member. They have all prepared good speeches but I'm not sure whether all are heard as their speeches were said during recess and after school today in the canteen. Not a very good choice of venue and timing I should say. They should be given the time to speak during morning assembly. Though it's more nerve-racking but at least they all can be heard and it's also a good time for us to see who can speak better in public. Not that being able to speak in front of a crowd is what we only care but it's important for a leader to have this trait. I'm in a state of confusion. At first I really put my mind into voting for this person but recent events and what people tell me about this person change my mind. Now, I'm sorta 'psycho-ed' into voting for another person but that'll make me a liar twice. When I was running for head prefect, I said that I will give my 2 votes to this girl but in the end I gave them to Sean who bacame the deputy head prefect. Then after I got my post, I made friends with my junior prefects, not all but some. I realised the potential in this girl and almost all my exco can agree on that. I told her I'll give her all my 10 votes and I stand firm on that till this year. After she was chosen as the potential 12, then the top 6(exco) , she became unfriendly not only to me but to others as well. I know I've not been a good leader but surely I'm a friend to her. Unfriendly is one thing but she's a bit cocky now. I dunno, I've noticed that but to some of you, you may not realised that. Anyway I think I would be able to make up my mind by wed(pollling day).
Today is also the speech day rehearsal. I skipped chinese remedial as I have a ushers meeting and I have to get my speech done. Yup, will be very busy on that day. Lots of excorting to do and after that I have to rush to get change for my guitar club performance! Ah! But oh well that's my last duty afterwhich I'll be stepping down, YAY! All in all I'll be set free from all school commitments on the last week of April.
Going to be set free....hang on...
No comments:
Post a Comment