Wednesday, August 05, 2009

I had an ulcer during uni-y camp(23th-26th) or at least I really believed it to be an ulcer. It was right at the back of my mouth, on the right side.It didn't hurt as much that week or at least from what I can remember. It started hurting very badly last week. I tried means and ways to help myself; gurgle listerine, rub colgate on my gum, brush my teeth every now and then but to no avail. It was not only pain at that area but it affected my speech and eating because it was painful to talk, to smile and to eat. It was even painful to swallow my saliva! Some say it was just an ulcer and to cure it I must apply medication or put salt on it. Some speculated that it was a wisdom tooth that has grown out of place and advised me to visit the dentist. Finally after much consideration, I went to the dentist TODAY after enduring the pain for a week plus. The dentist confirmed that I had an ulcer (yay phew) but she said I have to pluck out the wisdom tooth located at the top right corner. "WHAT!!!" I meekly protested, or did I? I asked if this tooth will hinder the healing of my gums and she said yes. Or did she? Anyway I'm having mixed feelings toward the whole ordeal. Was is necessary? Could I have saved myself from the pain, the inconvenience and the money? Was the ulcer on its road to recovery already?OUCH.

No comments: