Saturday, November 22, 2008

Home Alone.
My mum and dad went on a holiday on tuesday and will be back the following tuesday. Life does feel different without them around. For a start there's no one nagging at me to do this and do that, no calls and messages to ask me whether i'm having dinner at home, no hugs from my dad to assure me that I'll do well for my exams and of course the housework that we have to do.

My sis went away last night when I was away for camp committee matters (didn't get to say goodbye personally) and will only be back on monday. That leaves me with just puppy and my brother who is out most of the day (today no exception).

I'm really amazed at how God has changed my brother, from someone who avoids church like a disease to a man of God who actively attends Christian seminars and conferences. Even when he goes Malaysia be it for work or just a short get-away, he never fails to attend the local church there which he claims to be good. How the roles have reversed. I remember how I used to nag at him to go to church and all but now he's the one who is trying to convince me to attend special services from some churches, seminars and even the conference which he has been going for a few days now including today. Mind you he actually took leave to attend this conference.

Of course with everyone away, I feel a tinch of loneliness during certain times of the day when my mind is free to wander (when I'm not concentrating in my work).

Indeed home is where the heart belong.

No comments: