Friday, April 11, 2008

What a GREAT night of WORSHIP last night at Max Pavilion led by PlanetShakers and Tim Hughes!

Many new songs from planetshakers were sung last night and boy are they good! Some familiar songs like 'Praise You' and 'Healer' from Saviour of the world album were sung and 'Beautiful Saviour' from Pick Me Up. 'Beautiful Saviour' touched me deeply. Even though speedlight sang this many times and I have listened to the MP3 many times, it didn't really touched me till last night. The worship led by planetshakers was AWESOME! They're a bunch of empowered individuals singing their hearts and soul to God.

I think Planetshakers is really misunderstood by some people. To these people, Planetshakers is a loud band who is adapting to the secular world, singing songs that are not 'worshipful' at all. To these accusations, I'm gonna strongly disagree.

1)If you read their lyrics carefully, you'll see that they really put a lot of thoughts into writing meaningful and impactful songs. Some songs have simple yet meaningful lyrics accompanied by a soothing melody that brings worship to a whole new level.
2)Even those 'loud' songs have meaningful lyrics(so hold back your judgement until you've read the lyrics carefully)
3)Planetshakers NEVER take glory for themselves, they always remind the congregation that yes they can cheer and clap for them to welcome them on stage but the next 30 minutes is to be given to God in praise and worship.

To all those who say that it's all about the hype, I'll refute in the next few lines. Yes, you'll see everyone jumping around when it comes to the praise songs. Yes some began to jump because others are jumping(don't want to be the oddball). BUT there are true worshippers who jump/dance/shout/clap/lift up their hands BECAUSE they have joy overflowing.

All along I have been one of those who is full of skepticism but I was convicted yesterday. I don't deny that they are people who follow suit because of the hype initially but I believe that when the Holy Spirit convict their hearts as it has to mine, then they'll began to understand why we jump, why we sing, why we shout, why we clap, why we dance, why we lift up our hands(these various expression of praise and worship) to our Lord Most High. I was one of them last night, jumped because of the hype but after a while I see myself jumping because I was really happy like really really happy to the point that I was dancing! Haha..I've never expressed myself in worship like this before and one word to describe it, I was FREE. Yes! FREE! Everybody FREELY worshipped God yesterday and God MOVED FREELY as well! His Presense is AWESOME, MAGNIIFICENT, WONDERFUL.

When Tim Hughes came in, we continued in our praise and worship. I like 'Happy song'! Anyway, when we began to sing 'Here I am to worship', I was like "Oh man..what an old song..a bit boring eh." I've sang this many times(in cell/speedlight/main service) and the song never really spoke to me until last night. The chorus goes "So here I am to worship, here I am to bow down, here I am to say that YOU'RE MY GOD". That's when I began to break down because I feel I have been disregarding God lately, placing other things above God that God is not number one in my heart. I was ashamed. I woke up. As I was singing the song, my mum's comment flashed in my mind, she said "You should stop watching so much tv, you're putting tv your god". Yes, indeed I have been. All these free time I've got, I have put it to watching tv and nothing else. Now I question myself, why am I devoting so much time to tv? Clearly there are many other thingsI have to attend to, God, my ministry, family, friends.

All in all, I'm glad I went for the event last night. I've learnt valuable lessons. The Lord has spoken and I heard. I heard, I hear.

"My sheep will hear my voice..."

No comments: