Went for SMU interview for Bachelor of Business last friday. I was told of how the interview process would go but all that I heard didn't really prepared me for what was to come that day. I didn't really prepare myself for the interview anyway, merely read two day's worth of newspapers and strait times online on friday itself, left the house late, got lost in town trying to find SMU school of business..When I finally reached the place I found myself among girls who were rather vocal(VJ, ACS). I thought "okay..stiff competition". Alas the time of the interview came.
There were 24 of us in one discussion room and we were briefed about the interview process: group discussions about current affairs followed by an essay writting(this I was not told!). Many of us groaned a little when we heard about the essay. Hahaha! Next the 24 of us were given an article to read(the material to be discussed later in groups of 8) for 10 mins. It was about the Beijing Olympics controversies. I was like "whoa I know nothing about this!" and "damn this is the only thing I didn't read about!". I was hoping they'll give us an article about the rice crisis! Haha! So that's that and we were split into 3 groups of 8 into 3 different discussion rooms where 2 professors were waiting for us. The group that I was in had a few vocal ones I must say; saying chim stuff that I didn't really understand. Honestly! Hahaha!
I didn't really speak up, in fact I was the last to speak after everyone else spoke, so much so that the professor directed a question to me. My heart raced but I composed myself to answer his question. The next time I spoke, it was my own initiative. At the end of it all of us were given 20s or so to wrap up. If you ask me of my performance I thought it was alright only? I must say there is one or two who I thought performed better than me?
Essay writing; choose 1 out of 6 to write for 45 mins. Questions like "In your opinion, what is good governance?", "Write about a recent challenge faced and how you overcome it.", "What is identity to you?", etc came out. I chose to write about a social issue taht I'm most passionate about. If you're curious, I wrote about wastage and linked it to all the environmental issues the world is facing.
That marks the end of the interview last friday. I felt a little confident after everything was over but then again I thought it doesn't matter if I didn't get it. Why? It seem hard to get it knowing the figures and all. 6400 applicants, 2000 to be interviewed, 680 will be accepted. Yes these are the figures.
Came back from cell not too long ago(where we finished off the book of Ruth) and the last exercise that Fabian asked us to do was to look back at our lives and to share with one another how God moved in our situation. Purpose? Fabian stressed that it's important to look back once in a while and we'll just be able to see how God's hand is moving even when we couldn't see it at that moment. I look back all the time and indeed I see. Through stories we can identify more with each other and have a better understanding of things. And Jesus speaks through parables! He do so because he knows we can better understand Him through stories. So as we share our life stories, as I am to you now, hopefully you'll be able to understand my God and why I keep the faith.
Indeed God has always been in control of my life, my acadamics, everything. He picked me up and placed my feet on firm foundation. He heard my cries of wanting grades that are good enough to enter Uni. Praise the Lord for I am blessed according to what I asked! Next, I asked to be accepted into the course of my choice, bachelor of business.
PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got NTU's letter of acceptance into Nanyang Business School on wed and SMU's letter of acceptance into Lee Kong Chian School of Business yesterday.
God is really good to me! He answered my prayers and fulfilled the desires of my heart. I pray that as you read this, you'll believed once more or even more that our God is indeed a faithful God!
No comments:
Post a Comment