Friday, March 07, 2008

Filled with uncertainty but haboured hopes of doing well.

For those who are oblivious, I've been failing all the way since year 1, scoring 25 points and below for mid-years, end of years, block test and even till prelims. That means scoring Ss and Us, and once in a blue moon an E(a pass) will grace my result slip. Ss means sub-pass which is still a fail and U means ungraded which is a fail. Unbelievable? Haha..that's the truth for you. Looks can be deceiving. I have not been a high-flyer at all! Away with all of you who kept brushing away my fear and anxiety when it comes to getting results. You don't know how I felt all those times you all did it. You thought I was being humble but seriously...

Reflecting, I don't think it's because I slacked throughout my JC life, it's more like I have been studying the WRONG way and I stubbonly refused to change. I think the only subject that I have more or less been consistently doing it quite right is Literature. The rest...aiyo you can say I started studying only after prelims. Because from the way I had been studying all the way till prelims, I was only able to retain 30% of the content for each subject?Seriously.

Haha..I woke up after prelims, got all the help I needed and that was when I realised, wow I know nuts. I panicked, sure I did especially for geog because it's ony my H1 yet I'm spending sooo much time on it neglecting my H2s. I spent one solid month writing about 15 essays and made sure they got at least 11/16. As for econs, I treated the revision packages like my bible, reading them over and over again and even re-writing them just to help me memorise the structure and content of various question types. As for math, practising TYS has always been my best bet. Of course, I only manage to understand complex numbers and vectors(two major topics)after prelims. I'm so thankful for Mdm Koh, who made me understand complex numbers and one question similar to what she went through with me came out during A levels.

Right, now to the crunch. I'm happy with my grades definately..I mean, I would be labeled as someone who doesn't know how to count my blessings if I'm not contented. I have been praying for grades that can get me into the university of my choice(I even wrote it on a wishing balloon last christmas!). I also prayed that I will get nothing less than a B. Yesterday I prayed to get more As? But I told myself that I should be contented if the first two is fulfilled.

Prayers answered

I got nothing less than a B. As for univerisity admission, I'll need more prayers to get me through!

No comments: