Monday, January 07, 2008

Wahaha I realised that I have not been posting as frequently compared to a few months back. Hmm I guess the urge to blog about every single thing that happened to me is not so strong anymore partly attributed to my rather boring days recently. Right I had an interesting and exciting weekend! My hunger camp group(12) met up last saturday for a sporty day at ECP. Everyone cycled except Ben(Ben, if you're reading this post I must say you're one good blader! haha!). Ahaha! It has been such a LONG time since I cycled and well exercised. I love cycling as much as I love swimming! Whee~ The feeling of the cool breeze brushing against your cheeks and sweeping your hair away is just so nice! I had a great time with my group! We cycled/bladed all the way till Bedok Jetty. We could have cycled/bladed further but due to time constraint and the need to spend some time to just talk to one another(it's a group outing afterall! Not a solo cycling/blading trip. You know how it can be pretty hard to talk when you're cycling/blading). Yes so we chilled and talked at Bedok jetty. We had a nice view of the sea and it was a really relaxing moment for us. After ECP we went to Parkway for our late lunch and there we talked more. So that was our first group outing and more to come(I hope)!

The not so good thing that occured to me was that I fell sick on sat morning. Haha and it was my fault really because of all the heaty food I ate on fri; long john silver for lunch,kaya butter toast for tea,prata & milo for supper) and I got sore throat on sat and after a day at ECP I went home with fever. Oooh..I 'concussed' on the bed till sunday morning as I forced myself to get up for main service. Haha! Terrible. Thank God my fever subsided and that God open up my voice to sing for him during service. Till now my throat still hurt but I realised something, the more I try to 'rest' my throat the more painful it gets so...I shall continue to sing and talk more! HAHA!

Met Zhi Wei to teach him guitar today. HAHA! Challenging but I see his desire to pick up the instrument and this sincerity in learning is enough for me to continue teaching him. Tried to teach him the first song I learnt on the guitar(Here I am to worship in E) but it didn't turn out well so..I switched to 'Draw me Nearer' and well he picked that up quite well. If he continues to practise and I'm sure he can play that song well in no time and even pick up new songs! Haha! Zhi Wei is a blessing to me. I would say he's the only brother that I have talks with about God. Everyone else would just be talking about their lives and everything else except God. Why is that so I wonder sometimes? I am aware that I fall in that category too but somehow with Zhi Wei, our conversation is always about God and that is really a welcomed change. I always leave him with this burning desire to find out more about the Word. It's not as simple as most of us see it(God faithfulness, love, etc for us). There's so much more when we dive into how the book is written, when it is written, why it is written, etc. Yes it's like IBS. Haha! Talking to zhi wei is like receiving spiritual food. Haha!

No comments: