Saturday, January 20, 2007
What a GREAT day today! Never expect myself to enjoy so much when I left home early in the morning. The CNY student committee met at chinatown at 11am today to shop for materials for the backdrop in the hall as well as prizes for the Interhouse challenge. At Chinatown we saw RED everywhere! There were a lot of shops selling chinese new year decorations and they don't come cheap I must say. The first thing we bought were 2 big traditional doll heads. HAHA! If only I mastered the art of bargaining then we could have saved more than just $4. Moreover they are imported from China in bulk and so the cost price is really much lower than the selling price. A few more dollars off won't really affect them much. =) Oh econs...that reminds me of how I have yet to write 2 essays by mon! HAHA! "One thing at a time" like what a friend always tell me. Then we continued walking and walking trying to find a shop that sells cloth for our backdrop and we finally found the place. People's park! The whole of second level is devoted to textiles! We got our cloth for $13.5, a measurement of 4.5 by 1.5. We actually walked the whole level trying to find the cheapest price and we went back to the first shop in the end. We not only got cloth from people's park but long cardboard rolls which used to hold the cloth. These rolls are meant for our homemade firecracker for our backdrop. Hehe! Yay! Our last venue was Little India, Seng Siong. Wow! Shopping for prizes was the most fun and exciting one! Feels good to decide what to buy with money that do not belonged to us. Haha! When we were about to go, we realised it was raining. We had to stay put and we went up to the second highest level where nobody is there since most shops are vacant to slack. So much fun with the packing of the prizes and the free beach ball from the box of meiji panda biscuits. A day of fun indeed even though my day is gone without studying much. I'm not gonna complain! I've got the joy of the Lord!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment