Friday, June 23, 2006

I'm back from the choir retreat! It was great! Let me bring you through the days...
Day 1:
12pm: Met Lijia, Doug, Jared, Linda, Petrina, Yong Bin, Isabel for lunch at TM, Ajisen for lunch. Well..let's just say I'm not really in favour of Ajisen. HAHA!

1.30pm: Scouting for Best Camper Award!('All that I want' CD by planetshakers)

1.55pm: Left Tampines for Tanah Merah

2.30pm: Shuttle bus left for NSRCC

At NSRCC, we checked in to our bungalow. Wah! Fully air conditioned! And the air con were left on throughout our stay there. Now that explains the high cost in renting one. Haha! After we settled down we had games. WATER BOMB! My group was Justice League consisting of Doug, Jan, Isabel, Linda, Noah, Petrina, Serene, Grace and myself. We fought a good fight! Haha but the other group, Hercules had Yong Bin who happens to be a soft ball player. His throws were really accurate and powerful. Haha! We then had p&w by Yong Bin and Jared. It was a good! Doug then took over after that with his sharing about worship. Indeed sometimes music and songs can be a distraction, distracting us from worshiping God.
Key points:

  • We respond to God in worship because of His love
  • We respond to God in worship becaese of gratitude
  • We respond to God in worship becaese of our relationship with Him
  • Worship is the way we respond to God in intimacy

Day 2:

6.45am :I woke up early because I was too cold! Couldn't sleep any longer. Haha! So after freshening up, I went to do my QT on proverbs. I must say, proverbs is one tough book to understand. Everybody started waking up at 7.30am-8am where they were to do their QT till 9pm. Breakfast was served between 9am to 10am. Didn't eat breakfast because it was just bread and kaya/butter but I drank milo. I had fun making milo for people! Haha!

10am-2.30pm: P&W and a workshop conducted by Li Jia. We learnt vocal techniques. Haha! Like the shrinking and expanding theory, posture and balance, breathing, voval cords, resounance & vibration and articulation. There were lots of fun and laughter throughout. I enjoyed myself.

2.30pm-3.15pm: Lunch

3.15pm-6.30pm: Rest and Games

7.pm-8.30pm: BBQ. This isalso the time where people took the time to write to their angels and mortals. As for me? Everyone else! Haha!

8.30-10.30pm : Service. Sermon given by Bro Sam. It was good but everyone were sleepy! Ops! Pardon us for our occasional yawnings and nodding of heads.

10.30-12pm: De-briefing for all the games and revealing angel& mortal and prize given ceremony. Haha!

Day 3:

7am: Phone rang. Got up, washed up and went down with Grace(who also needs to leave early). That was when we saw Jared. He was up early too. Haha! Found out that Jan and Meiling left already. They left super early lah! Haha...in the end Jan, Meiling, Grace, Seene, Jared, Andy, Doug and myself had to leave early for different purposes.

All in all,I have truely enjoyed myself. What a great experience! I love choir!

No comments: