Friday, July 01, 2005

I'm gifted so are you

Yesterday was our grauduation from the course "I'm gifted so are you" by Adam Khoo Learning Technologies Group. I dare say that I benefited a lot from this 3 day course. Though the hours were long(8am to 9pm) each day, there wasn't a dull moment during the course for the trainers are so experienced that they created a connection with almost instantly. I've been through many such courses and this is the best. I mean most of us were skeptical about this course and we were quite sure that it will be just a normal boring course. Apparently we were wrong. I learnt how to manage my time properly, draw proper mindmaps, appreciate my parents more, speed read, memory and lots more. I was touched on the 2nd day because Gary said many things that made us think ad reflect. I guess that coming because shuHua told me about that moment when she attended this course earlier this year. Though knowing part of it I'm still touched and I wept because I'm so remoreful. I have regrets, I regretted that I gave up on myself so easily especially during the traumatising period when I faced hardships in school(prefects). I regretted not being a caring and understanding daughter. I wonder how long the effect of the camp will linger in me but one thing I know is that I'm willing to change and stick to it. Yesterday as part of the closing of the training, Gary asked "So who will be the first to come up here and write your name on this chart to promise that you will get all A1s?" It took a while before people came forward to write it down and amongst the first few were those who weren't exactly doing very well, in fact they are the bottom few. I admit that I was looking down on them and I thought to myself that even when I'm 19 in level, I don't have the confidence od obtaining straight As so what more them. I believe that though these people may have written their names down but if the still refuse to work hard then that really proves my point. I really wish that people like Sean will start to believe in himself and really work hard. As for me, yes I wrote my name along with the whole class of us. I will work hard for I'm now motivated after attending the course and motivated because of the trainer's personal story about how they dealt with their O levels. I'm particulary amazed with Amin who hapens to be the hunk. He scored about 187 for his PSLE, landed himself in the normal stream in sec 1. But he told himself that he don't want to disppoint his parents and himself and so he worked hard and got into the express stream in sec 2 and maintained. During his sec mid yr and prelims he didn't do very well. He scored 14 points for his prelims. That was then the wake up call for him and he worked extremely hard for the next 2 months after his prelims and to his surprise he scored 6 points. So my conclusion is to first believe in yourself and you will succeed.

No comments: