Today, my school commemorated Total defence day and for assembly, 5 upper sec classes performed a skit for all the 5 different aspects of total defence. This is like the 2nd year in running for my involvement. Funny how I'm asked to be the emcee most of the time. I mean don't they get bored aka sian with my voice? This is a summary of my involvement as emcee throughout my sec school life:
Sec 1--NIL.
Sec 2--Sec 4 graduation day
Sec 3--speech day, total defence day
Sec 4--total defence day
Summary of acting and stage experience:
Sec 1-- E6 Cluster Story telling competition( 3rd)
sec 2--Coral reading, class play(Reunion dinner)
Sec 3--Inter-class drama competition(Stepmother of Cinderella)
Yup...I would say I pretty glad that I took part in the story-telling competition in sec 1 because that's the start of my 'career' in school. It was funny how I ended up as one of the storytellers for my class. I remembered that we chose another person at first. How I ended up being it, I don't know. After winning 3rd in the competition...everything sorta speed up as I was approached to be the emcee for various occasions. Of course my stage fright went away as I have more experience on stage. This exposure has helped me built much confidence with my speech and I'm glad it did.
No comments:
Post a Comment