Hmm..this is my forth day at my childhood friend's house. I really look forward to spending every holiday with them. You see my nanny, Betty took care of me when I was a baby till 6. Then my family let her go and she went over to another employer. Well lucky me, this employer happens to be a kind and gernerous one. They would invite me over every holiday to spend time with my nanny and her children, Grace(11) and Jonathan(7). Yup I have been going to their house everyholiday since 7 till now. Long time huh? Over these time, I have grown very attached to both of them and I guess they feel the same for me too. I'm really glad to have found this family. If you were to notice, the duration of my nanny stayig in Singapore would be according to my age. Cool huh? So that means 15 years. But....she would be leaving for home next yr, Jan 21st because Grace's mother will be quiting her job to stay at home to coach Grace and to prepare her for her PSLE. Betty will be gone for a yr, according to what she intended, to go back home to get married and have children. She's not young anymore. I would be selfish to ask her not to leave. I really love her and I don't want her to go but I have to think about it this way. She has been working all her life even as a child. The money she earned, she would send part of it back to her family to spend. When I asked her "Wouldn't your money be eaten up once you lend your brothers and sisters since what they earn back home is nothing compared to yours?" She said "I have no choice. They are after all my brothers and sisters" At hearing this, I realised how generous and giving she is. I knew that she will be going back since sept when I went over to their house and I silently teared at home. But I've learnt to be strong...for now that is, not to cry. You would probably don't understand why I'm so attached to her but think about it, if you have someone(besides your mum) who held you dear since you are a child, bathe you, clothe you, bring you to and back from school, play with you, feed you and even sleep next to you, will you or will you not develop a bond with him/her? That's why.
No comments:
Post a Comment